The Literacy Alliance of the Shuswap Society (LASS) is seeking an Executive Director/ Literacy Outreach Coordinator (LOC). LASS promotes literacy in the North Okanagan-Shuswap area through awareness, collaborative partnerships, and education in order to enhance the health and wellbeing of individuals and the community.
The prospective ED will be central to the Society, balancing the governance role of the Board with the operational and service role of LASS and represents LASS to regulatory bodies and government, other agencies, community organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public. The main duties and responsibilities of the LOC are administrative and financial.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience in project management and/ or working with multiple stakeholders on program development
- a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- strong leadership and management skills
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- the ability to monitor and understand the organization’s financial structures
- enthusiasm and energy for event planning and coordination
- demonstrated success with grant writing
- a knowledge of community literacy
This is a salaried position, starting at 30 hours/ week, with the intention to expand into a full-time role. The ED is expected to have flexibility with hours where necessary (may include occasional evening and weekend commitments throughout the year). This role requires access to a vehicle and access to reliable internet.
Starting salary is $30/ hr during the 6-month probationary period. A salary increase will be reviewed upon completion of probation.
For more information about LASS, please visit www.shuswapliteracy.ca
Please send all resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Thursday June 11th, 12:00 noon
Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. Questions about the role may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org