About the program
The program will run for 16 weeks, two days a week after school and is for students in grades 3 to 5 who have been referred by school staff.
Valid Reading After School will be offered in four Salmon Arm based elementary schools.
- To provide students who are struggling with reading intensive support in foundational skills.
- To create a learning environment that fosters and supports strong literacy skills.
- To identify students’ ability using assessment and personalizing instruction to meet their learning needs.
- To help learners experience the love of reading.
Benefits of participating in Valid Reading Program
- Safe & inviting environment.
- Quality read aloud experiences.
- Focus on comprehension development through dialogue.
- Enthusiastic teaching team.
- Helping students get engaged in text.
- Reading “Good Fit” Books.
- Students choose own book.
- Building stamina and reading for extended periods of time.