Learn how to help your child with early literacy skills at free Preschool PALS (Parents as Literacy Supporters) sessions. Bring your preschool-age child to the following StrongStart programs to take part:
- Thursday, Feb. 18 at 10am at the Salmon Arm District Education Services Centre StrongStart (new school district building)
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 at 10am in the South Broadview Elementary multipurpose room
- Wednesday, March 2 at 10:15am at Highland Park Elementary
- Tuesday, March 8 (time yet to be decided) at Falkland Elementary
- Monday, March 14 at 10am at Sicamous StrongStart at Parkview Elementary
- Wednesday, March 16 at 10:15am at Enderby Family Place (St. Andrew’s Church)
The theme for Preschool PALS this year is storybook reading, and sessions last about 45 minutes. Children and parents work together on the techniques supported by a LASS teacher and your StrongStart teacher. Children will get a brand new storybook to take home.